WHITE CHOCOLATE AND RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE
This smooth and creamy cheesecake is delicious: the digestive biscuits and white chocolate give sweetness, while the raspberry coulis provides a lovely sharp contrast, in colour as well as taste. Filling the holes in the middle of the topping with the coulis means there is a lovely surprise when you cut into it – creating a two-tone effect but a bit different from a rippled cheesecake.
PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES, PLUS CHILLING
- You will need a 20cm (8in) round spring-form tin with deep sides, and a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle (optional). Butter the base of the tin and line with a disc of baking paper.
- To make the base, measure the biscuits into a resealable freezer bag and use a rolling pin, or the base of a saucepan, to crush into fine crumbs, but still with a bit of texture.
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat until just melted. Add the crushed biscuits and sugar and stir until combined. Spoon into the base of the prepared tin and press with the back of a spoon until level. Chill in the fridge while you make the topping.
- Break the chocolate into a separate bowl (see tip), and sit it on top of a pan of simmering water. Stir until melted but not hot, then leave to cool down for 5–10 minutes until cool but still liquid.
- Meanwhile, tip the mascarpone into a bowl, and mix with a spatula to loosen so it is soft. Stir in the cream and vanilla extract, stirring with the spatula until smooth.
- To make a coulis for the top of the cheesecake, place half the raspberries into a small blender or food processor. Add the icing sugar and whizz until runny, then pour through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the bowl with the mascarpone mixture and stir to combine, taking care not to over-mix.
- Spoon half the white chocolate mixture on to the biscuit base in the tin. Use the handle of a teaspoon to make a few small holes in the white chocolate mixture, pushing right down to the top of the biscuit base.
This recipe is taken from: Mary Berry Everyday