No Cook Fudge
Children love to make this, and the only difficult part lies in persuading them to leave the fudge to harden overnight. Pack in small plastic bags tied with a ribbon tied around.
Makes 36 squares
- Cream the butter in a bowl until soft and then stir in the condensed milk.
- Gradually add the icing sugar and when all is worked in, turn onto a work surface lightly sprinkled with icing sugar and knead until smooth.
- Roll out to ½ inch (1.25cm) thickness and cut into neat squares. Leave to harden overnight on a wire rack covered with a clean muslin or tea towel.
- Store in an air tight container or put in bags with a ribbon tied around.
This recipe is from: Mary Berry's Ultimate Cake Book (BBC Books)
- 6oz (175g) butter
- 1 small can sweetened condensed milk
- 1lb, 12oz (800g) icing sugar, sieved